How Much Can the Toyota Highlander Tow?
The 2019 Toyota Highlander towing capacity is proof that you don’t have to choose a truck even if you need to move heavy cargo and equipment! With this family-friendly SUV, you’ll have a 5,000 pound maximum towing capacity, more than enough power to haul a boat or a small trailer around Johns Creek or Roswell.
Toyota Highlander Towing Capacity by Powertrain
The 2019 Toyota Highlander is available with two different engines:
- Highlander with 2.7L Inline-4 Engine – 1,500 pound maximum towing capacity
- Highlander with 3.5L V6 – 5,000 pound maximum towing capacity
- Highlander Hybrid with 3.5L V6 and Electric Motor – 3,500 pound maximum towing capacity
Get More Done with the Highlander Performance Features
When it’s time to tow, the available Highlander engines aren’t the only features that give this SUV an edge.
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD) with Dynamic Torque-Control: This available feature redistributes torque from front to rear, and back again, in order to maximize your traction at all times. When one wheel starts to lose its grip, or when you’re accelerating, Dynamic Torque-Control AWD goes to work to move you forward with confidence.
- Eight-speed Automatic Transmission: The Toyota Highlander comes standard with a 6-speed automatic transmission, but it can also be equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission to improve towing performance and fuel economy. The Highlander Hybrid features a Continuously Variable Transmission.
Interior Cargo Storage in the Toyota Highlander
Whether you’re running errands with a cabin full of passengers or moving to a new place on the other side of Buford, you won’t necessarily have to attach a trailer to carry tons of cargo with your Highlander. You’ll enjoy 13.8 cubic feet of space with all seats in their upright positions, and up to 83.7 cubic feet when both rear rows have been laid flat. 60/40 split 2nd- and 3rd-row seats are standard.
Learn More About the Toyota Highlander Utility at Beaver Toyota of Cumming!
Towing power is just one of the things that sets this year’s Highlander apart from competitors, but drivers might also want to compare a four-wheel drive vehicle like the Toyota 4Runner or another competitive vehicle like the Ford Explorer. If you’ve made your decision, start exploring our new Highlander inventory today! We know you’ll love what this SUV can do when you take it out for a test drive near Alpharetta.
More from Beaver Toyota of Cumming
If you want a spacious SUV that can handle everything from running errands in Buford to exciting outdoor adventures, consider the 2019 Toyota RAV4. Learn all about the RAV4’s spacious interior when you visit Beaver Toyota of Cumming in Cumming for a test drive. Learn More View Inventory Toyota RAV4 Interior Dimensions When you step inside a new…
Bucky and our Leadership Team hosted our first-ever “Welcome to the Family” New Owner Celebration. We created this event for our New Certified & Used Toyota Owners. Our GM, Patrick Abad, opened the evening with a warm welcome to our valued customers and our First Impressions team took special care in rolling out the hospitality….