Should I Buy a New or Used Car?
Reasons to Buy a Used Car or Truck at a Dealership
When shopping for used cars, buyers have countless choices in terms of both vehicles and how to buy them. But what you’re likely to discover is that buying your used vehicle from a dealership like Beaver Toyota is the smartest strategy, one that will leave you driving an attractive, reliable vehicle with the most peace of mind.
Used vs. New Cars
While new cars and trucks are fantastic, with many valid benefits to buying new, the fact is not all car and truck buyers are in a position to make such a purchase. That doesn’t mean you don’t still need good, reliable transportation and deserve a car you enjoy and are proud to drive.
Thankfully, just as with new car purchases, you can turn to Beaver Toyota for a great selection of quality used cars trucks and SUV’s that have been pre-inspected and ready for purchase. We will help you find the car best suited to your needs and a buying experience that’s safe, easy, professional, and trustworthy. You can come to the dealership and work with our Car Consultants or you can shop online using Beaver Direct.
Buying a used car will help you:
- Avoid depreciation
- Save money on the purchase price
- Enjoy lower insurance rates
- Escape the high and frequent repair costs of your current vehicle
- Capitalize on the fact that today’s cars and trucks are reliable much longer. In fact, did you know the average age of vehicles on U.S. roads is 11.6 years and rising?
Buying a Vehicle From a Private Seller
We also know you have options in terms of how, where, and from whom to look for your used car. And while many private seller prices might seem attractive, there are many “prices” shoppers will eventually pay by not going through the used car buying process within the comfortable, familiar, and accountable environment of a dealership.
- A hodgepodge of websites and ads. Even a used car is still a major purchase. It can get confusing looking for cars across a number of dubious websites and reading ads that may or may not provide the complete information you need.
- Sketchy people. If you do find an ad that seems promising, you now must call the person and start interacting with them. The burden is on you to quickly judge character and honesty. At best it’s awkward, and at worst it can be scary.
- It can be stressful and eat up a lot of your time.
- Trade-ins are typically off the table.
- Once the sale is done, the seller usually never wants to see or hear from you again. If you have a problem or follow-up question, they tend to have disappeared.
The Safety & Reliability of Buying a Car at a Dealership like Beaver Toyota
Before you even come into a dealership like Beaver Toyota, the used car shopping experience is already easy, thorough, even fun! Shop from home on our website perusing our extensive used car inventory . You’ll see all the information you need, be able to compare cars, and enjoy the beautiful photos of what could be your next vehicle. You can also complete the majority of your transaction online with Beaver Direct and just pick up in store where you left off online!
The hassles and complications of having to privately sell your own vehicle are off the table! You’ll have the opportunity to trade in or sell your current vehicle and get the maximum amount possible to put toward the purchase of your “new” used car or truck.
You know you’re going to be buying a reliable vehicle, and here’s why: Every used vehicle at Beaver Toyota goes through vehicle reconditioning and in-depth inspections. The burden is on the dealership to do this, not you. In addition to cars being made to look almost brand-new, the dealership’s mechanics make sure it’s in top form and there are no issues. Think about it. Problems after the sale and unhappy customers are the last thing a dealership wants, so they work diligently in advance to make sure that doesn’t happen. Also, a dealership will happily provide third-party vehicle history reports.
For dealerships, test drives are a regular and expected part of their business, so there will never be any reluctance to letting you take your prospective car out for a spin.
Probably one of the greatest benefits of buying a used car from a dealership is the ability to finance your purchase. We offer numerous financing options from outside lenders including local banks and credit unions. And all of it is coordinated by the dealership’s financing department so you don’t need to call or go anywhere else. And while many lenders won’t even finance a car being bought from a private seller, some offer special reduced rates on Certified Pre-Owned vehicles at dealerships for qualified buyers.
Beaver Toyota also works to ensure that all the paperwork, administrative, tag, and title issues are handled properly. You don’t have to do any of it. Plus – you will have complete peace of mind after the sale – we are here to help before, during and after the sale.