What is Good Mileage for a Used Car?
Searching for a used car in Buford but worried about future repair costs? Finding a vehicle with lower mileage can help you avoid potential repairs. But what is good mileage for a used car? Learn more about what is considered high mileage for a used car with this guide from Beaver Toyota of Cumming. Then, be sure to check out our pre-owned vehicle specials!
What is Considered High Mileage for a Used Car?
Usually when people purchase older cars, they look for something below 100,000 miles due to the exponential increase in vehicle repair cost over the lifespan of a car. There are some factors to consider since the average driver puts around 10,000-12,000 miles per year on their vehicle in Alpharetta:
- How Many Miles vs. Age of the Car: Because it has been driven considerably in a shorter span of time, a car that is one year old with 40,000 miles on it may be in worse shape than a five year old vehicle with 60,000 miles on it,
- Year of Manufacture: Within the last decade, car manufacturing has improved significantly, creating used models that will last well over 100,000 miles and even past 200,000 miles.
- Regularly Scheduled Maintenance: A vehicle with 15,000 miles on it that did not receive regular maintenance may have more issues than a vehicle with 30,000 miles on it that did receive regular maintenance. When purchasing, be sure to ask for proof of maintenance record.
Other Tips for Buying a Used Car
- Model Generation: Sometimes when a vehicle with a great reputation is redesigned after a few years for the new generation or “iteration”, it can go badly. However, a vehicle that was not ideal in the past may have been improved with a redesign. Researching review websites like Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds.com will give you the answer.
- Vehicle History Report: To learn more about the wear and tear the car has sustained over the years. A vehicle history report from the previous owner will show any repair reports, collisions, police records, and DMV records.
- Location: The Vehicle History Report will also tell you where this car has “lived”. Some environments like the dryer climates of southern California give less wear and tear on vehicles than places with lots of humidity or harsh winters.
- Foreign Luxury Car Brands: Luxury vehicles can become expensive to repair due to the cost of shipping high-end replacement OEM parts from overseas. However, these brands often have excellent warranties if you are purchasing certified pre-owned, and luxury dealerships may offer other perks while your car is being serviced.
Find a Low Mileage Used Car for Sale at Beaver Toyota of Cumming
Explore the large inventory of low mileage used cars for sale at Beaver Toyota of Cumming. We have certified pre-owned models that have undergone a rigorous inspection process to ensure you’re getting the best vehicle in Cumming. Don’t hesitate to contact us today with any questions!