5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you frequently fill up your Toyota in Buford — or anywhere, really — you probably know that gas is expensive. But even if you don’t own an ultra fuel-efficient hybrid, you don’t have to feel like you’re emptying your wallet every time you fill up your car. Reduce the cost of daily driving and become more eco-friendly with these five easy steps to increase your fuel efficiency!
How to Get the Best Fuel Efficiency
- Accelerate Slowly: While you should already avoid speeding, it’s important to know that quickly stomping the gas sends a burst of fuel into your vehicle’s system – a lot of which is wasted. When you control your acceleration and give your engine some TLC, you’ll also use less fuel. However, you don’t want to accelerate too slowly, because this could burn more fuel as well. Experiment to see what is best for your make and model.
- Pay Attention: When you aren’t a distracted driver and plan out maneuvers ahead of time, you can easily avoid accelerating too quickly or making rapid stops.
- Plan Errands: Run a lot of errands in the Alpharetta area? Plan ahead of time to decrease any backtracking/multiple stops that could eat up extra gas.
- Lay Off the Brakes: Whenever possible, try coasting to a stop instead of hitting the brakes quickly at the last second. This will help avoid wear and tear on your braking system as well as save additional fuel.
- Obey the Speed Limit: This is always a good idea for safety, but most vehicles deliver better fuel efficiency below 50 mph as well.
Other Tips to Help You Save
In addition to tips related to driving, these other suggestions can contribute to savings and greater fuel economy:
- Use the AC: At highway speeds, use your air conditioner in order to reduce drag and potentially improve fuel economy.
- Watch Tire Pressure: Good tire pressure not only helps reduce vehicle wear and tear, but also helps improve your fuel economy.
- Limit Ethanol: High levels of ethanol gas harms fuel efficiency rates because more ethanol is required to produce the same amount of energy as gasoline.
Make Your Cumming Drive More Efficient
Regular oil changes are also a way to keep your engine running as efficiently as possible. Utilize these simple driving tips to make your Alpharetta commute better for your vehicle and the environment! Whether you’re driving a new car or a used model, these suggestions can help reduce wear on your vehicle. Have questions? Feel free to contact Beaver Toyota of Cumming for more info! We’re also proud to be your local guide and provide exciting family-friendly Cumming fairgrounds events, the best restaurants in Cumming, and the best shopping locations.
More from Beaver Toyota of Cumming
We are grateful to partner with Dr. Jeffery Bearden and the Forsyth County Education Foundation, who’s mission is to unify resources, not ordinarily provided by the district’s operating budget, that foster innovation for increased student achievement. Money raised from our recent 2020 GR Supra Launch Edition auction allowed us to gift the foundation with $7,769.50. Foundation…
Our recent Toyota Supra Auction was a success and we are grateful to “pay it forward” with a contribution to several local causes, including helping the children of CASA of Forsyth County. Thank you CASA Board Members; Judi Jenkins, Lynn Jackson, TJ Smith and Paula Malmfeldt – plus Paula’s entire CASA staff! Yes that’s Judi…
We are blessed and honored to serve those, who serve our communities. With the help of our Café Beaver, and their wonderful home-cooking, it makes it easy to host representatives from our Police, Sheriff, Fire and EMTs on this day of remembrance. The café stayed full all day with community service members who also left…