5 Tips to Becoming a More Fuel-Efficient Driver
If you frequently fill up your Toyota in Buford — or anywhere, really — you probably know that gas is expensive. But even if you don’t own an ultra fuel-efficient hybrid, you don’t have to feel like you’re emptying your wallet every time you fill up your car. Reduce the cost of daily driving and become more eco-friendly with these five easy steps to increase your fuel efficiency!
How to Get the Best Fuel Efficiency
- Accelerate Slowly: While you should already avoid speeding, it’s important to know that quickly stomping the gas sends a burst of fuel into your vehicle’s system – a lot of which is wasted. When you control your acceleration and give your engine some TLC, you’ll also use less fuel. However, you don’t want to accelerate too slowly, because this could burn more fuel as well. Experiment to see what is best for your make and model.
- Pay Attention: When you aren’t a distracted driver and plan out maneuvers ahead of time, you can easily avoid accelerating too quickly or making rapid stops.
- Plan Errands: Run a lot of errands in the Alpharetta area? Plan ahead of time to decrease any backtracking/multiple stops that could eat up extra gas.
- Lay Off the Brakes: Whenever possible, try coasting to a stop instead of hitting the brakes quickly at the last second. This will help avoid wear and tear on your braking system as well as save additional fuel.
- Obey the Speed Limit: This is always a good idea for safety, but most vehicles deliver better fuel efficiency below 50 mph as well.
Other Tips to Help You Save
In addition to tips related to driving, these other suggestions can contribute to savings and greater fuel economy:
- Use the AC: At highway speeds, use your air conditioner in order to reduce drag and potentially improve fuel economy.
- Watch Tire Pressure: Good tire pressure not only helps reduce vehicle wear and tear, but also helps improve your fuel economy.
- Limit Ethanol: High levels of ethanol gas harms fuel efficiency rates because more ethanol is required to produce the same amount of energy as gasoline.
Make Your Cumming Drive More Efficient
Regular oil changes are also a way to keep your engine running as efficiently as possible. Utilize these simple driving tips to make your Alpharetta commute better for your vehicle and the environment! Whether you’re driving a new car or a used model, these suggestions can help reduce wear on your vehicle. Have questions? Feel free to contact Beaver Toyota of Cumming for more info!
More from Beaver Toyota of Cumming
Beaver Toyota is a proud supporter of The Jericho House, and their golf tournament held today at the Polo Golf and Country Club. We sponsored a-hole-in-one contest with any winner driving away with a beautiful, brand new 2019 RAV4! The Jericho House ministers healing and restoration to men caught in addictions using Biblical counseling. Thank you Drew…
Since 2016, at our St. Augustine, Florida dealership, we have honored local fallen soldiers over Memorial Day in the making sure we remember the true meaning of the day. We would like to continue that tradition in Cumming. In St. Augustine, this grew to where we now have an annual Gold Star Day of Remembrance…
A BIG shout out to Matt Elementary school teacher Colby Counter for hosting us again this year for S.T.E.M. Week. We loved meeting over 300 students to demonstrate the amazing Toyota technology by the Toyota Yoda himself, Kevin Kerth! A great day indeed. Thank you!