2020 Toyota 4Runner Towing Capacity
How much can a Toyota 4Runner tow? All seven trim levels come standard with a 4.0-liter V6 engine capable of towing up to 5,000 pounds. If you expect to be towing heavy loads on unsteady terrain, the 4Runner has you covered with a wide selection of standard towing features and driver-assist stability tech features across the lineup.
In this 4Runner towing capacity guide, we’ll take a close look to help you determine which trim is your best fit — whether you need heavy-duty capability for your Buford job sites, or trips to Alpharetta with boat or trailer in tow.
2020 4Runner Standard Towing Features
When you’re towing heavy loads in Johns Creek, you need heavy-duty safety features to match. All 2020 4Runner trims come standard with active driver-assist and trailering features designed to make your job easier:
- Integrated Towing Hitch Receiver – This functional SUV comes ready-to-tow, with a standard tow hitch receiver.
- Wiring Harness with 4- and 7-Pin Connectors – Use the wiring harness to quickly connect your trailer lights for improved visibility on towing tasks throughout Alpharetta.
- 4.0L V6 Engine – All models come standard with this rugged engine, paired with a five-speed automatic transmission for 278 lb-ft of torque and horsepower of 270.
2020 4Runner Performance Upgrades
Expecting unsteady terrain on your towing jobs? 4Runner TRD models are designed for the toughest off-road towing. Enhancements like standard with part-time four-wheel drive help TRD models keep a tight grip on any surface. Key standard performance features for both the TRD Off-Road and TRD Pro include:
- 2020 4Runner TRD Off-Road upgrades:
- 4-wheel drive
- Locking rear differential
- Multi-Terrain Select
- Crawl control
- 2020 4RunnerTRD Pro upgrades:
- 2.5-inch Fox shocks
- TRD springs
- Front skid plate
- Roof rack
To learn more about the performance benefits of a TRD model, schedule a test drive at our showroom near Alpharetta to compare models. If the price is a concern, consider that a recent-model used 4Runner will have nearly all of the same features as a new model — for a lot less money. Don’t forget to check out our new vehicle specials for Cumming drivers!
Test Drive a 2020 4Runner SUV in Cumming!
Ready to narrow down your choices? Browse our new 4Runner inventory to find your favorite models, and then get in touch to schedule a test drive! If you’re still deciding between other Toyota SUV models, take a look at our head-to-head comparison of the 4Runner vs. the Highlander.